adventures in the real world

Seattle Plein Air = artists who enjoy painting and sketching in the real world. Here we share the adventure!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

same old drizzle and damp

Precipitation, copyright BVF Betker 1997, oil on canvas, 20 x 36? I don't remember
I'm just going to keep posting and hope the rest of you will jump in. I would love to see more of your work!
Here I'm reaching into the dark recesses of the past. This was painted from inside my former studio on North Lake Union in 1997, the view from my front door. This was a wonderful place accessed by a floating dock. Whenever the Corps of Engineers raised the water level the lake would be at the doorsill and even in the door a little. But so what? Heaven has its price.

5 comments:

  1. This is Beautiful Beth. So you want us to just post even old stuff?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gail! I know I haven't seen half of what you might think is old, so it's new to me and others! I would love to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay,
    I will start posting stuff. Do they have to be all environments or can they be botanicals and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, my original idea is just plein air, anything/everything painted or drawn from life. Botanicals, still life, land-and cityscapes, whatever we see! I am hungry to see more from everyone, was hoping this would provide a space for that. For myself, I sometimes hesitate to put up oil or acrylic sketches at USkS since it seems to be more specifically sketchbook-related, but I see this as a place for all media. What do you want to see here? We are all in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I love this and the story. I can imagine that setting so well.

    ReplyDelete